Thursday, January 18, 2007

FREEING UP THE BLOG JAM

I think I finally got rid of my blog jam, because the crap is flowing freely now.

Quick NFL notes: so we're down to Saints @ Bears, and Patriots @ Colts. In the NFC, I have to stick with Sexy Rexy and the Bears, my preseason blognosticatory pick. In the AFC I chose the Bengals, who never played with enough CONVICTion (get it?). So now that the Patriots have snuffed out the Bolts, I don't see anything standing in their way. (Unless you like guys who are 6'5", 230, laser rocket arm--which I don't, especially in January.) By the way, to the scrawny white guy I saw in David's Bagels wearing a "Grossman" jersey: you're a DORK! Or it might have been Rex, I didn't get a good look at him.

In case you just landed here from another freaking planet, Belichick and Brady are 12-1 in the playoffs. So is this lovable pair known as "Belady" or "Bradichick"? I want to know, because after this Sunday there's a damn good chance you're going to be hearing a lot more about them. And is it wrong to root against the Saints because I don't want to hear any more inspirational Katrina stories, which HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPORTS? If San Diego made the Super Bowl, would they talk about the devastating cold snap that killed all the California strawberries and oranges? Okay, maybe that's not exactly the same thing.

* I saw the other night one of my favorite, uhm, "sharing" sites Isohunt.com is currently down, but not necessarily out. Is this the beginning of the end of bit torrenting? Hmmmm . . . all I know is that Apple and Microsoft can take their DRM and shove it.

* I think they meant this headline to be a rhetorical question: Did Anybody Not Watch American Idol? Answer: *raising hand* ME! This was how I spent the big "premiere night": I went for a jog/walk (a "wog"), chatted online about nothing in particular, watched hockey, ate dinner, took a shower, and went to bed. Not one second of that crapathon! Remember, if you watch that godforsaken show, you're only contributing to the downfall of American music while feeding Paula Abdul's cocaine habit. Ugh, what a mess.

* Who gives a rat's ass about David Beckham coming to the MLS?

* Remember when David Letterman was funny? If you don't, go check out the DOTCOMEDY site (run by NBC) which has several clips of the bitter host from his early "Late Night" days. Check out his interviews with Bill Murray and Jay Leno (who also used to be funny), and Viewer Mail. He might have been the first sarcastic TV host ever; now it's hard to find someone on TV who ISN'T.

* God, I love The Office. It's just such a funny show and it's not even in the Top 20 (yet, David Fucking Caruso's CSI: Miami is #6). Who knew Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute) would be one of the funniest actors of the year?



Michael: I have a special assignment for you.
Dwight: Who’s the target?
Michael: A sensitive email has been released to the office. It contains a file, a picture, the file name is "jamaicajansunprincess" . . .
Dwight: What’s it of?
Michael: Not important.
Dwight: Unless you are willing to tell me everything, I can not accept this assignment.
Michael: Okay, forget it.
Dwight: Okay, I accept it.

I'll leave with a picture of Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesley).

Jenna

That's all. I won't be around for a while, so Happy Friday!

No comments: