Wednesday, August 27, 2008

T.I.D.H.: WEIRD CHINESE ART

Billed "Camouflage" by the Galerie Bertin-Toublanc, this exposition by Liu Boulin takes subjects, paints them and then turns them into part of the scenery. Although I personally prefer body-painting when it involves barely-legal, barely-clothed women (all preceding images probably NSFW), but I can truly appreciate the art here.

My favorites are the "ghost" images. I find them hauntingly cool



























However, most of these pictures are worthy of your attention. This "Fake Mao" is pretty fucking cool too













If I had an attention span that was longer than a fruit fly's, I may attempt something like this (honestly, I'm not an artist, but I like the idea of messing with perception). But, alas, I've already forgotten what we were talking about. USA! USA!

[Galerie Bertin-Toublanc via Fark]

No comments: