Monday, July 4, 2005

The Continuing Saga of: "Life is tough on Kris"


It's coming right about...DAMN!
Originally uploaded by Salokj.

I've complained a lot of the Mediterranean coast of France, I think, and I can't help but to continue. Ok, that's a bunch of crap. I haven't complained much, and I don't have much to complain about. Anyway, I just wanted to post this image of me playing what called by the very French name of "Sandball." It takes the principles of handball (for those of you who don't know what the fuck this is, there is no better place to get your information than the Saskatchewan Team Handball webpage) and applies them in an informal manner on the beach.

For example, if a topless woman walks by and you manage to score while she is still in view, you receive double-points. Ok, that's bull, but I think they should make this a rule. You can never underestimate the distractory powers of a topless nubile. Many a goal have been scored, and many a car dinged up from their power to remove every other object in the world from your field of view. But I digress...

Anyway, you're probably asking yourself, "but how is he going to score if the ball is a good foot away from his hands." Well my friends, telekinesis has nothing to do with it. In all honesty, everything about this picture - my jump, my form, my hand placement - is textbook perfect (actually I have no idea if it's textbook perfect, if it's totally wrong, or if it falls on the hazy plane in between), except the minor detail of the ball being, unfortunately, not in my hands. But let me tell you, the goaltender was mighty surprised when I threw air at him - he wasn't expecting that!

Unfortunately, this was the best photo of me playing balle sur sable (yep, there's a reason they use the english word) - and I don't think it is a bad one, just the minor detail of the ball.

If you want to learn more about team Handball or Sandball, consult your local library, or move to Iran, I hear they're going to field an awesome team next year...Something about all the sand they have to practice on...

No comments: