Tuesday, April 3, 2007

HD FOLLIES

I tuned into ESPN HD last night to watch a little of the Sunday Night baseball game of the Mets @ the Cards to kickoff the season . . . and they were showing women's college basketball instead. I shit you not. I can't bring myself to watch "The Deuce" since it looks like grainy garbage on my TV thanks to Cablevision, so I just forgot about it. I don't know why I even bother turning on ESPN. Furthermore, I'm not the only one in the NY area that doesn't get ESPN2 in high definition, since Cablevision and Time Warner NY dominate the local cable market and don't carry it. What garbage.

I was also excited to hear that the Discovery Channel's show "The Deadliest Catch" is filmed in HD. In fact, they reportedly lose nearly a quarter of a million dollars of equipment due to the brutal conditions while filming the show. Since I now have the Discovery HD channel, I was looking forward to the season 3 premiere on Tuesday night. . . except that THEY ARE NOT BROADCASTING IT IN HD. In fact, there are no plans to show it in HD. I have no idea why. What a joke.

Thank Jebus that The Masters is coming in 2 days, shown in fantastic, glorious HD. Here's the TV schedule:

4/5/2007 Golf The Masters -- 1st round - Augusta National 4:00 PM UniversalHD (1080i)
4/6/2007 Golf The Masters -- 2nd round - Augusta National 4:00 PM UniversalHD (1080i)
4/7/2007 Golf The Masters -- 3rd round - Augusta National 3:30 PM CBS (1080i)
4/8/2007 Golf The Masters -- Final round - Augusta National 2:30 PM CBS (1080i)

No comments: