Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WRIST SHOTS: WHO'S THRASHING WHO?

Nylander hat trick in Game 3 vs. Atlanta 4/17/07 AP PHOTOAll I had to do yesterday is merely mention The Rangers' Michael Nylander, and he calmly responded by banging out a HAT TRICK! This goes beyond mere blognostication; this is like telekinesis wrapped in an extrasensory perception blanket, like bending spoons from 50 miles away. Okay, maybe not, but I'm sure my positive blog energy ("blogergy") helped his mystical aura during that 7-0 Thrashers trashing.

So I thought I should test this theory before tonight's games. Rob suggested that I say something like "I don’t think Lecavalier has missed a game due to injury since he was 5", but that's too negative. Along the same lines, I was going to say "It's been a while since a Sabres player has suffered a concussion", but that's even more nasty and I don't really want them to lose, per se; I just want the Isles to make it a series.

Let me just say before the Devil Dogs/Lightning Bugs Game 4 that it's been a long time since the last Brodeur shutout (Feb. 27). And Langenbrunner is way overdue to have a big night.

Thanks.

(And remind me to say something about Hasek's uncharacteristically resilient groin tomorrow.)

No comments: