Monday, April 13, 2009

DRINKY DRINKY: BELHAVEN TWISTED THISTLE IPA

Man, this is a good beer. That pint had no chance whatsoever.

I went to the beer store the other day to return my empties and they had a "Scottish" display. "Why not," I said. Despite the fact that it was like 2€80 for a pint bottle (whereas the Germans cost like 1€50-1€90). I cracked it open today and it's not like most of the IPAs I have had. It's much sweeter. You still get the crazy hopiness, but there's a nice sweet side to it. I wouldn't want to have more than 1 or 2 of these in a row because I'm sure that the hangover is probably wicked bad, but one beer on a relatively nice Monday afternoon (it is a holiday, before you fuckers get all judgemental) is pretty good.

I don't know if there's any thistle in it...The bottle doesn't have a lot of information regarding the inclusion of thistle and/or dog, but whatever.

This beer gets 8.5 thumbs up from the Open Hockey Official Team of Beer Reviewers (OHTBR).

If you find it, drink it; although according to the boffins at Rate Beer the US-version is different (dumbed-down for American tastes?)

2 comments:

Jeff K said...

Geez, you couldn't get a bigger picture? I've had their St. Andrews ale, which was very good, so I'll look out for this one.

Kris said...

Yes, I probably could have found a bigger picture, but I found that one sufficient.

No actually I told blogger that I wanted the picture to be "medium" in size and it made it huge.

I also had Belhaven's Scottish Ale last night and it was very good as well. All hoppy and toasted.