Sunday, June 17, 2007

MUSIC VIDEO: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

This is the video for one of my all time favorite songs, "Cloudbusting" by Kate Bush, from the excellent Hounds Of Love album from 1985. From Wikipedia:

The song is a look at a special relationship between a boy and his father. It describes psychologist Wilhelm Reich's arrest and incarceration through the eyes of his son, Peter, who wrote his father's story in A Book Of Dreams, published in 1973, on which the song is based. Wilhelm Reich is the inventor of the cloudbuster, which is the device pictured on the cover of this single.
Donald Sutherland plays Dr. Reich in the video, while Kate plays his son, Peter. It was directed by Julian Doyle and conceived by Terry Gilliam and Kate Bush. One of the best of the 80s.

(For the youngsters out there, that's Jack Bauer's dad.)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!



(I hadn't seen this in about 10 years and I'll admit, I got a little misty at the end. Yeah I know, I'm a giant sissy.)

Kate Bush Official Site
Kate Bush Hounds of Love [Amazon]

No comments: