Thursday, April 28, 2005

Old Money, New Skates

I saw this on the Today Show the other morning. Check out the money these guys dug up in suburban Boston. Unreal. It doesn't say so in this story, but the two guys found the money on a third friend's property (making it officially his). And from the sound of it, they didn't know how they're splitting up the money. Is anyone else smelling a lawsuit?

Graf, a Swiss ice skate manufacturer, officially has the worst website I've ever seen. It's incredibly plain, with no seizure-inducing Macromedia Flash animation, no irritating pop-up screens, no "extreme" soundtrack; the most advanced website programming they have is "frames". But I'm thinking this means they're probably all about the skates; the money goes into R&D and production, not into the marketing of them (I'm looking at you, Bauer Nike - click at your own risk). So I think that's how I'm going to start buying everything: whoever has the least slick website/ad campaign probably has the best product.