Wednesday, November 22, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I want to wish everyone out there (all 3 people who read this) a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I know I whine and complain a lot on this here Interweblog, but I truly am thankful for everything that I've got, and especially for my family and friends. I'm also thankful that I have a four day weekend, during which I will be marinading in scotch.

The only thing I'm going to wax nostalgic about is the old Comedy Central "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day Marathon" (1991-1997), which I watched every year religiously. I guess I have more than enough DVDs now to replicate it, but it's nothing beats just turning on the TV and having it automatically be on for 30 straight hours! I guess I could watch a few episodes and intersperse some of the MST3K Turkey Day Promos from 1991 (there are a whole bunch online):


"Ad lib response!" "Ad lib retort!" (Crow, Joel, and Tom Servo, 1991)


"Turkey Fact #12" (Crow, 1991)

Okay, they're not all hilarious but nonetheless they bring back memories. Thanks to YouTube for filling the void that I would otherwise fill with alcohol! Ah heck, I'd do that either way. At least we have Mike Nelson's Rifftrax (and don't miss this special SA interview). I might have to get the trax for "The Matrix" or "Road House" for the holidays.

Anyway, have a fantastic holiday (except for a select few in France who I merely wish a happy Thursday)!




Satellite News - Official MST3K Web Site
MST3K Volume 10 DVD [no longer in stores, but available through Amazon.com]
MST3K Rhino DVD site

No comments: