Monday, November 6, 2006

RANDOM NOTES

I've heard the Rush song "Tom Sawyer" about 400 billion times in my lifetime. What does it mean? It came out when I was 10 years old, and I wasn't too keen on the lyrics then, nor am I now. Please explain in 50 words or less. Oh, and I never read "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" either, so I'll need a short synopsis of that too.

My HOME DOME DOG pick, the Detroit Lions, didn't let me down (well, I didn't blog it because I was away for the weekend, but I had a feeling they'd beat Atlanta). And also a big thanks to the NFL officials for letting a bad call (questionable face mask penalty on blocked FG attempt runback by Redskins) lose a game for the Cowboys! Great job, you blind part-time morons. Blognostication: Bill Parcells will be free to play golf full time by February 12, 2007.

And now that the Bears undefeated season has been erased, and half the players are hurt (Urlacher, Strahan, Umienyora, Burress, etc), can you switch the Bears @ Giants game back to Sunday at 1 PM? No, you're still showing it @ 8:15? And the 4th quarter won't start until 11 PM? Okay, fuck you NBC, I'm not watching.

Before they attempted to drag the U.S.S. Intrepid out of New York harbor today, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said, "The Intrepid stands for everything we believe in ... our freedom and our values." So it's incredibly appropriate that the massive aircraft carrier couldn't be moved because it was stuck in the mud.

Jagshemash! The #1 Movie of the weekend was BORAT: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, which got an astonishing 96% review rating on RT. Enjoy the first four minutes of the movie right here. He's the 21st century answer to Yakov Smirnoff! (Except that he's funny, and he's not really from Kazakhstan.) I like sex, it is nice!

Great Xmas gift idea: VANILLA FUDGE T-SHIRT.