Wednesday, May 9, 2007

THINGS I LIKE: THE 17th @ TPC SAWGRASS

The 17th hole at the TPC Sawgrass (Stadium) Golf Course: 137 yards of sheer terror.

This par 3 with its 'island green' is one of the most infamous holes on the PGA Tour. Since the pros have a hard time keeping their balls on this green (in 2000, 45 tee shots plunked into the water in one day), I can't imagine how I'd fare. This hole was even scary on PGA Tour Golf on the PlayStation. And Tiger's not a big fan, which for some reason makes me admire and respect it even more.

TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida is also one of the few famous courses that you can play . . . if you have the money. The Players Championship will be played here starting on Thursday morning, and NBC will be showing it (mostly) in HD (instead of playoff hockey--usually I would complain, but not this time). The PGATOUR.com website will also have a live streaming video from the 17th hole starting at 9 AM. I'll be there!

No comments: