Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I HATE ME ALREADY

For the first time the incredible history of this blog, I feel intense pressure to post something, anything, due to Kris' suddenly prolific and rantastic week here at Open Hockey. The one-two punch of the new header/slogan was more than enough of a contribution, but three posts in a row? Unprecedented.

I like this blog for what it is, a place to verbally unload whatever is weighing us down, hopefully in a humorous context. It may not always work, and we may not even care about what we ranted about 24 hours prior, but that's part of the charm and fun of it. Sure, there's some hate to go around, but none of it gets too personal, political or aggressive, and is quite frequently pointed at ourselves. Overall, I like the fact that practically no one really reads this blog or, if they stumble upon this blog, even know who we are.

I will readily admit that I'm a private guy. I don't like to stand out, despite the fact that being 6'4" means that it's pretty unavoidable. Although I can have a bit of a temper, I'm basically non-confrontational. Most of all I don't crave attention, which is probably why I deleted my MySpace profile after 6 months, since it's the antithesis of my personality. I don't collect acquaintances, but instead have a handful of good friends that I keep in touch with. (And no, I don't plan on going to my 20th high school reunion next year, in case you were wondering.)

Basically, I'm not sure why I blog; perhaps it's a form of a therapy. Since on a daily basis I find myself ranting without actually following up on it, this blog is a perfect mirror of that. I don't know if it's an interesting and/or funny read or not, and quite frankly I don't care. But try to enjoy it anyway!

(Don't worry, there will be dick jokes later.)

No comments: