Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BORN ON THE 14TH OF FEBRUARY

It's a blessing and a curse to be born on Valentine's Day. If you don't have a valentine (like me), you can still celebrate your birthday, and also devour chocolate without a disapproving look. If you DO have a valentine, it's a double whammy because if she's worth her salt she'll get you two presents. And you can't go to dinner by yourself on Valentine's Day, because that's just sad, but you CAN drink your face off, which is good. Still, I can't tell you how many people point out the "holiday" to me when I tell them I was born on February 14th, as if I didn't know.

Here are a few notable people who were also born today February 14th.

Born in 1970 - same year as me:
Simon Pegg, writer/star of Shaun of the Dead. I still have yet to see this movie, but I hear it's funny.

Music: Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 (1972), Tim "Jeff's Dad Who Also Died Young" Buckley (1946). Yikes.

Sports: Jim Kelly (1960), Drew Bledsoe (1972) and Steve McNair (1973). I'm noticing a trend here: guys who are good players but can't win the big game. Hokcey players include NHL defenseman Richard Smehlik (1972) and Bernie 'Boom Boom' Geoffrion (1931).

Politics: current mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg (1942).

Entertainers: Florence Henderson (1934), Gregory Hines (1946), and Pat O'Brien (1948). Maybe Pat and I can get coked up and get some whores this weekend--unless he's still in rehab. The funniest guy on the list is Jackie 'The Jokeman' Martling (1948). Oh dear god.

And finally, Jimmy Hoffa turns 93 today. Happy Birthday, Jimmy! I hope you make it to 100.

I know my Feb 14th will be enjoyable, because I'm not going to be at work. Have a great one.


No comments: