Monday, August 21, 2006

I CAN'T TASTE THE COLD!

$8.75 for a warm beer? Where do I sign up? Oh, Yankee Stadium, never mind. The Daily News actually found the warmest beer to be Coors Light, at over 55° from a vendor in the bleachers (where the most turnover of beer would be, I'm guessing). In a stroke of genius, they've forbidden the use of ice in the vendor's bins. Somehow, they found some Miller Lite in a cooler at 33°, but unfortunately that doesn't prevent it from still tasting like Miller Lite.

If you're a Yankees fan who's thinking about moving to Connecticut (or wish to stay away from Red Sox Nation), check this NY Times article first: Where Do Rivals Draw The Line?, which traces the possible border between Red Sox and Yankees fans through western New England.

From the everything goes to hell file: they're considering "pitch counts" for Little Leaguers. As this S.I. kid would say, no fucking way. Meanwhile, there's a kid on the Saudi team that is listed as 6'8", 254 lbs. There's no way he's 13.

Watching preseason NFL football is like smacking your sister: you just don't do it, if you have any sense. Someone tells me Eli Manning looked good the other day--uh huh, just give me a call after Labor Day when they COUNT. The only thing I'll say is that the onscreen "scoreboxes" for the new ESPN and NBC football broadcasts are just atrocious. I'll need a whole separate blog entry for this.

This photo shoot of LPGA golfer Natalie Gulbis is the oddest one I've ever seen--not that I'm complaining. I think I could marry a chick who dresses up to make me dinner.

No comments: