Friday, September 1, 2006

WE'LL MAKE GREAT PETS

About two years ago, I bought Sims 2 for my PC, after being a huge fan of Maxis' first human life micromanagement game. Since then, they've released numerous expansion packs allowing your characters to go out on dates together, send the kids to college, run their own businesses, thus expanding the possibilities of the game. I know what you're saying, isn't that a little much? Well, of course it is, but we're living in a society that's getting more obsessive and introverted every day. If you've never played the game before, I can tell you it's a bit addictive, and you become attached to your little Sims (and there are thousands of websites with an astonishing array of customization possibilites). But it's about to get a little more ridiculous with the release of The Sims 2: Pets.

Yes, that's right. You can actually create fake computer pets for your fake computer people. What? Are you kidding me? This is the point where I start to lose all sense of right and wrong, and I can no longer determine what's normal and what's weird. FAKE PETS? Does anyone else find that disturbing? I'm going to have to draw the line here.

We'll make great pets

I even looked at the screenshots of people with their SimPets, and I have to--wait that dog is pretty cute. Hey, you can scratch his belly, ha ha ha! You like that, Champ? Yeahhhh, thassa good boy, who's a good boy?! And there's kitty all curled up on the brand new pretend couch again, my girlfriend is going to be PISSED! Well, at least I won't have to clean up ACTUAL dog shit. And I wouldn't be allergic to these cats . . .

They may be on to something.

Sims 2 Official Site [EA Games]
Sims 2: Pets [EA Games]

No comments: