Monday, March 27, 2006

LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT THE WITNESS MADE THE "DRINKY DRINKY" MOTION.

Sometimes I hate when I'm right. Villanova lost to Florida last night, and just yesterday I said that if they repeat their 35% and 4/19 3-pointer performance from Friday, that they are not going to advance. Somehow they did even WORSE THAN THAT, shooting 25% and making only 4/23 3-pointers. And it was nice of Allan Ray NOT TO SCORE the past few games and let the other kids play. Just a craptacular end to a great season by the Wildcats. What a shame, because I don't think they have enough talent to get to make a run at a #1 seed next year (unless Sumpter plays well, and Lowry lights it up) . . . but since none of the top seeds are in the Final Four maybe that's a good thing. At least the NCAA has loosened its icy grip on me and I have my life back again. And Tony Soprano is out of his coma--our long national nightmare is over!

FAVORITE SPORTS NAMES: Although Canada's Stubby Clapp is an impressive moniker, it's hard to beat Japan's Kosuke Fukudome. As Deadspin quipped: "I think I saw a game at the Fukudome once." Right behind that is Atlanta Thrashers' defenseman Shane Hnidy, which is pronounced "nighty" as in "Nighty is draped all over him!"

It's finally happened. I've always wondered why every berry but the blueberry is used in making juice. After years of waiting, and countless threatening letters, blueberry juice is finally here! Of course, it's not 100% blueberry juice, but it's used in something called "Blueberry Cranberry Juice". Naturally, this means that it's mostly apple juice, part cranberry juice, and a splash of blueberry juice. But it's a start.


Kris pointed this out to me. WHAT MY BLOG IS WORTH(LESS):


My Open Hockey blog is worth $2,822.70.
How much is your blog worth?
I accept PayPal.



I watched a little of the Leaves @ Devils game last night, and there was NO ONE IN THE ARENA. It says that attendance was 13,593, but it didn't look like half of that. Do they really think that attendance is going to be better when they move to Newark? Because I certainly won't be going down there to watch hockey. I might just end up becoming a Lowell Lock Monster fan. And the Devils aren't making the playoffs: you heard it here first. Maybe it's time they moved to Las Vegas or somewhere. That has a good ring to it: Sin City Devils.

The NCAA HOCKEY FROZEN FOUR looks like this: Maine (who beat Michigan State in an upset) vs. Wisconsin (who won in 3OT vs. Cornell), and Boston College (who upset BU) vs. North Dakota (who beat Cinderella #15 Holy Cross). If I say I'm rooting for the Black Bears, then they'll blow it. So I'm keeping it on the downlow.

No comments: