Thursday, April 6, 2006

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

I just found out that my browser at work cannot broadcast "Live From Amen Corner" because I need to update my Flash player (and I don't have admin priviledges at work). I knew I should have stayed home.

Anyway, happy spring everyone, THE 2006 MASTERS IS HERE!

Amen Corner - http://scholasticus.org/archives/000116.html

ESPN has a good interactive leaderboard (click on Amen Corner link) with an embedded live video screen using WMP. (It's not working for me right now, however. I'll wait until 10:30.)

The numbers have been crunched, and the MPI (whatever that is) has chosen VJ as the winner, FIGJAM 2nd, and Tiggs 3rd. Man, I hate these stats. This is the kind of asinine crap you see in baseball, not golf. I don't know what jackass came up with this (since there's no explanation in the story as to how they got these numbers), but if it's as shitty as the BCS, it's going to be proven wrong on Sunday.

Here's a scary story: Lehman unhurt after car shot
Tom Lehman was unhurt when a bullet was fired into the car he was driving in Augusta, Ga., late Tuesday. A local man was arrested. Lehman is expected to play when the Masters begins on Thursday.

Welcome to Georgia, Home of the Drive-By!

***

UPDATE - 11:42 AM

In the early going, Pampling, Campbell and Beem are playing well, a lot of people at even par, Woods just teed off, he's at +1 after 4. I have a feeling a -2 or -3 will be the best anyone does today.

My Live @ Amen Corner is not working. I'll have to wait until 4 PM to see some golf, but it will be in HD and not crappy streaming video, so it will be worth the wait.

At 08:30:45, I made the joke: "Early Masters leaderboard: D. Duval +1. Plus one, after one??? It's over, Davey! Someone picked him as a 'dark horse' winner. Are you kidding me? Who was that, his wife? His shrink?"

Now, Duval is already at +10 after 12. Yes, it's already over for him. Did I call that or what? Not a stretch, I know.

* * *
UPDATE 3:54 PM

Veeger ended up at -5, due to a great bogey-free first round of 67 (if that putt on the 11th had dropped, even better), and Rocco "Help The Judge Find His Checkbook" Mediate finished a stroke behind, and Shoulderholster one behind him. Tiggs finished even; after getting a eagle on 14th, he ended up with a double bogey on the 15th to give it right back.

TIME FOR HD.

No comments: