Thursday, April 13, 2006

MORE PRICELESS COMEDY WITH BOOKLESS

We get into these inane e-mail discussions frequently, and they're always funny (to me, anyway). We always joke about opening a business in Pomona, since there have been several niche stores that have tried and failed to capture the public's imagination, like Chocolate Junction (which we didn't even know we missed until it was gone) and The Greatest Gift (a Christian book store, which I thought was a slam dunk, but closed within a year or so).


From: Jeff
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:46 PM

They need to open up a Panera around here, that sh!t is good.
I'm thinking of franchising one in the old Chocolate Jesus Junction.


From: Bookless
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:49 PM
it is good.

funny, they have been out in columbus ohio where my sister lives for years.
i was always thinking it would be a gold mine around here.
Choc. Junction lives!!


From: Jeff
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:02 PM

We could call it "Our Daily Bread", and keep the Jesus vibe intact.
I want Peet's to open a coffee place around here. It would blow the doors off of Starbucks.


From: Bookless
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:03 PM

I like the cut of your jib.
you still have to work the CJ into the mix.


From: Jeff
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:47 PM

I know, Panera has been around for years, and they finally open one in Rockland County . . . in Nanuet? Didn't you read my letters? I wanted one DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME.
Chocolate Jesus Loaf? That sounds disgusting actually.
Jesus is my chocolatier.


From: Bookless
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:50 PM

WWJD?.....for a loaf of our tasty Italian Bread!!!


From: Jeff
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:47 AM

Take this Freshly Baked 9 Grain Asiago Cheese Bread and eat it, for this is my body. Do this in remembrance of me. Only $1 extra for a cup of Jesus Java with sandwich purchase.

Sorry, I just thought of that last night while driving home, I had to share.


From: Bookless
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:54 AM

STOP!!
that should be a skit on some show.
your 10th confession comes with the bagel of your choice.....FREE!

No comments: