Tuesday, April 4, 2006

COUNTER INTUITIVE

The Statcounter that I signed up for reveals some fascinating information about the (very few) visitors to this blog. Not only does it keep a running count of the visitors that stop by, but it tells me where they're from, the IP addresses, and how they ended up here. In some cases, people were actually looking for something that I attempted to write something coherent about (like "masters preview"), but mostly it's a bunch of accidental visitors who stumbled upon the site while searching for something completely different. I apologize if I couldn't give you what you were looking for, and I feel sort of not at all completely bad about it. But because we at Open Hockey Blog care about you, the home viewer, as a free service I will try to help you with your search engine queries (in italics below).

>formidable opponent colbert report video clips watch
Yes, I do have a link to Steven Colbert! Make sure to check out the hilarious Colbert Nation site while you're at it. Hopefully, my blog was able to help you there.

>minneapolis open hockey
I don't know about ice time in the Twin Cities area, but I do know that they have open hockey on Thursdays at 6:00 at Palisades Center in West Nyack, NY. If you happen to be in the area, stop by. They usually get a good mix of skaters (except if Tom Bailey is there, who never gets off the ice or passes the puck). I'm thinking about going next week . . .

>maine black bears hockey 3/31/06
I don't know about 3/31, but I do know that the University of Maine hockey team plays in the NCAA FROZEN FOUR on Thursday 4/6 @ 8 PM vs. Wisconsin, to be shown on ESPN2. My parents live in Maine, so I'm rooting for the Black Bears! (Or am I? We see how that worked out for MY alma mater.) The other game features BC and North Dakota @ 3 PM (also on ESPN2).

>swedish hockey clothing
I don't specifically know what "Swedish hockey clothing" you were looking for, but eBay or Hockey Monkey are a good places to start. If that's no help, then allow me to post this picture of my friend Rob wearing an actual Swedish Olympic jersey, next to a genuine Swedish girl.



>tilbrook vertigo white plains
Glen Tilbrook and Jeffrey Gaines are playing at Vintage in White Plains, NY, as part of 107.1 FM The Peak's 2nd anniversary celebration on Friday April 7, 2006. Vertigo in Nyack originally had posted this show on their website, but I guess the venue was changed. I wonder what a concert a Vintage would be like since they don't have a "stage"; it's a weird cavernous bar on Main Street that used to be a bank, and has as much ambiance as one--not sure what their target audience is, there's a weird vibe in that place. Anyway, if Westchester is New York's backyard, Rockland is New York's seldom visited backwoods on the other side of the creek.

>coopertires tv commercial song name
>perry farrel cooper tires commercial
Wow, two inquiries about this one. The name of the song is "True Nature" (30 sec clip), the first track off of Strays by Jane's Addiction (their 2003 reunion effort).

>god shammgod basketball photos
Uhm, who the hell would want that? And whatever happened to Scientific Mapp?

No comments: