Monday, April 10, 2006

I KNOW A WEB SITE THAT SHOWS MONKEYS DOING IT

I've been listening to the new Arctic Monkeys disc Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not pretty much non-stop since it came out. They're not the second coming of Christ, or even the Beatles, as NME would have you believe. But they are a bunch of fun, happy fret-slapping Brits (The Strokes UK?) and for a bunch of teenagers (the lead singer was born in 1986--do the math, he's barely older than Harry Potter), they sound pretty tight live.

Check them on SNL performing I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and A Certain Romance; during the latter, the lead singer points out someone in the audience saying, "That man just yawned." What the fuck do you expect? This is Saturday Night Live, so he certainly wouldn't be laughing. Below is a video from KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic, performing The View From The Afternoon.

No comments: