Friday, June 2, 2006

BLOGIC

Here's a new word I just coined:

BLOGIC (n.) shaky reasoning that a blogger makes to support their theory
According to the author's blogic, it's entirely plausible that Roger Clemens couldn't re-sign with the Astros until now because he was suspended 50 days for steroid use, a fact somehow hidden from the public.

Stick THAT in your Urban Dictionary! Oh, I suppose I could do that myself.

* * *

Here's the only Ultimate Frisbee clip you ever need to see. I mean, the guy can jump, but so what? He's playing frisbee! But whoever covered this should talk to the NFL; they have more camera angles of this than they had in the AFC Championship Game.

* * *

Things I (wish I) didn't know existed: the Pro Disc Golf Association and the International Federation of Competitive Eating.

* * *

From the groundbreaking development team that brought you Grand Theft Auto 3, it's . . . table tennis? Are you fucking serious? I'd like some of that stuff those Rockstar Games guys are smoking. Then I thought this is an April Fool's joke that I'm just getting wind of now. Nope, apparently not, it actually exists. Well, I at least hope they got the rights to all the top players, like, uhm, oh who fucking knows, it's PING PONG! Can you at least brutally kill your opponent with your paddle to an 80s hip hop soundtrack? At least that would give me a reason to buy an XBOX 360.

* * *

Andy Roddick is a sissy, Moby has outlived his usefulness in the music world and is going into space, and I'd blame the mother (not the police or hospital) for not being able to identify her own daughter in this highly publicized mix-up.

* * *

According to their radio commercials, the Hyundai Sonata "outclasses" the Toyota Camry. No, it doesn't outperform, it's not better built, it doesn't get better gas mileage, it doesn't have a lot of satisfied owners, its safety rating isn't as high, it's not as reliable, nor is it as roomy . . . uhm, did we mention it OUTCLASSES the Camry?

No comments: