Thursday, June 8, 2006

STANLEY CUP FINALS GAME 2: THE SERIES HAS GONE SOUTH

Well, it looks like Edmonton is done. D-O-N-E. Carolina gave them a 5-0 spank-diddily-anking last night, taking complete control of the series. So get used to pictures like this:



I just threw up in my mouth.

I'd like to believe they tazered that guy seconds after the picture was taken, just for defacing the Cup. Just because of this picture, I wish the Oilers could rally and bring the Cup above the Manson-Dixon line where it belongs.

When I stumbled across that Cup photo, I realized that there are a lot of weird photos on the Interwebs of people posing with the most famous trophy in all of sports. And I wish it would stop.

If you thought Rod Bit-O-Luv would look ugly next to the Cup . . .

I'm trying to figure out how this family ended up posing with the Stanley Cup. The only thing I can glean from the website is that they're from Canada, which can only mean that EVERY CANADIAN CITIZEN GETS TO POSE WITH IT. Another reason to root for Edmonton.

This is just wrong.

And this is quite possibly the ugliest sports poster ever. Blech.

No comments: