Tuesday, June 20, 2006

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR 2006 NEXTEL--UHM, STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!



I can't wait to attend the parade in Hartford up I-91 to the Trumbull Street exit to the Civic Center Mall this weekend!

Now that "their team" has won Game 7 by a score of 3-1 to end the season, fans in the greater Raleigh area can get back to focusing on moonshine running and whittling. However, I don't have anything against the Hurricanes team; they're a likable bunch who play the game the right way, and I liked seeing guys like Glen Wesley and Peter Laviolette hoist the Cup. To sum up the Hurricanes win, Ray Whitney blurted out the f-word when handed the Cup, exclaiming "This fucking rocks!" Welcome to North Carolina! Yee haw!!! And I don't know if I've said this before, but god DAMN is Brind'Amour an ugly man.

And thanks to the Edmonton Oilers for making this a series, and making me believe in small market Canadian teams again. So let's do it again next year, eh?

Now everyone can go shave those ugly-ass playoff beards off, for cripes sake.
(Why doesn't Gillette Fusion sponsor this event?)

No comments: