Saturday, October 21, 2006

THIS IS THE ENDY

My last blog entry about baseball for 2006 will be an upbeat one: here's THE CATCH starring ENDY CHAVEZ.

SCREW YOU GOOGLE FOR REMOVING THE VIDEO FROM YOUTUBE!

Oddly enough, it's on Google video. Huh?



Just incredible. Not only the catch, but the circumstances surrounding it. (And yes, Willie got lucky because he should have taken out Perez after walking Edmonds. But I digress.) I was hoping their hitting would explode after that, but alas, they left the bases loaded in the bottom of that inning as well as the 9th (I'm still waiting for BEAST-TRAN to swing). And I hate to keep pointing out how old the music at Shea is, but playing Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" from 1978 after that? Ugh.

At least I don't feel like I did after 2000, that the Mets' postseason appearance was an anomaly. I think this team can make it back here next year, but hopefully not another Game 7 because that might kill me. And no, I won't be watching the World Series (the last game I watched a significant part of was Game 1 of the Sox/Cards series in 2004), and I suspect everyone outside of Detroit and St. Louis couldn't give a shit either.

Kris "The Biggest Sabres Fan In France" Salo pointed out: "What kind of name is 'Endy?' I mean, they could've gone with "Eddy" or "Andy" but no, it has to be some messed up name..." Well, I don't know anyone else named that but it could be a popular Latino nombre del hombre, or his mom declaring that she's done having kids (get it???). Maybe they're saying "What kind of name is 'Jeff'? Couldn't they name him 'Jose' or 'Jesus'?" From now on, you can call me the Open Hockey Jesus.

ENDY CHAVEZ - THE CATCH [FOX]

No comments: