Tuesday, May 9, 2006

HOCKEY UPDATE

It started off with a shot of Lorelai waking up after crashing on Sookie's couch, just staring into the camera silently, and a bit sadly. It ended with a shot of her lying in bed, having just slept with Christopher (the father of her daughter Rory), after failing to get the practical Luke to stop putting off their marriage and spontaneously elope with her, staring into the camera silently, and a bit sadly.

Didn't see that coming.

The reason I tuned in was the promise of "musical guests", who in the form of "troubadours" bombard the town of Stars Hollow: Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon (with their daughter Coco) from Sonic Youth, Hoboken's own Yo La Tengo, who-knew-they-were-still-alive 80s synth-pop band Sparks, and even 24's Mary Lynn Rajskub, doing her best (worst?) Jewel impression. The reason I continued to watch was Lauren Graham. I really dig her.

Yeah, her daughter played by Alexis Bledel, is cute, but Graham is hugely adorable and funny in this role. Maybe part of her appeal is the witty wordplay and smart references that creator/writer Amy Sherman-Palladino supplies her with (she's done working on the show with this ep), but she makes it work for me.

Uhm, let me explain. You see, Gilmore Girls was the only program worth watching that was in HD tonight. Screw it, I don't have to explain anything to you! Okay, I'm sorry, I'll be gay on my own time.

Oh, the Ducks just won in OT, 4-3, with ALL FOUR GOALS scored by Joffrey Lupul, to give them a 3-0 lead in the series. So far, all four series are one-sided, and we'll see if that can change tomorrow. HOCKEY!!! GRRRRR!!! There. I feel more manly already.

No comments: