Saturday, May 6, 2006

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

You knew it had to happen sooner or later: the Devils winning streak is over. And how. Carolina rocked them like the proverbial Scorpions song in Game 1, tallying 6 goals and letting in zero, scoring every way they wanted to: off a defenseman's skate, off Brodeur's stick, off the backboard, nothing but net. Devs took too many penalties (8 in the second period alone), and it all added up to a dominant 'Cane performance, even more stunning than the Ducks' waxing of the Avs the previous night. But hey, it's only one game. Hey, and it was over early so I could go hit some golf balls before the horsey show.

One other question: why doesn't Buffalo and Ottawa play Game 2 until Monday? Who scheduled this shit, the NBA?

I was making guacamole last night, and as I was chopping up the avocado on my new blue cutting board I suddenly got a weird feeling of deja vu. I know I've seen that somewhere before . . .

Avocado Album?

Oh yeah, some band from Seattle may have something like that on an album cover.

No comments: