Wednesday, January 10, 2007

IT'S AN iWORLD AFTER ALL

Apple Inc. (don't call them Apple Computers) continued their plot for world gadget domination by introducing the iPhone ($499-$599). It's a sleek looking thing with a touchscreen and iTunes integration (duh) and all that. The announcement sent their stock to a new high, and Palm and Blackberry stocks lower. They also sell about 30 songs A SECOND on iTunes (even though most of the songs suck). I'm so sick of all this "i" crap, by the way. When does their iToaster come out? Come to think of it, I could use a new iStapler. And when does the first new iCar roll off the assembly line? Gosh, I can't wait!!!

Although there's something positive to be said for Apple's business model, and the overall quality and integration of their products, although the price fixing annoys me. But after mucking around with webcams and online IM software with my family members the last few days, I'm beginning to think a true "plug and play" system like a Windows-free Apple MacBook might be the way to go for my future laptop purchase. Plus, I hear their customer service is second to none, and isn't that the worst part of the whole computing process? I'm sick of Indian kids reading off a flow chart, I would prefer a geek in the Valley actually solving my problems. I don't know, maybe the ecstacy will wear off and I'll just buy a Dell, with 64-bit Windows Vista.

Anyway, I have to go, my iPhone is ringing and I HAVE to take this: I think it's Bob Dylan.



(BTW, if you look online, iPhone is a VoIP company. Lawsuit?)

No comments: